I started investing with AutoWealth robo-advisor on 20/10/2017 and my portfolio allocation has never changed a single bit.
AutoWealth Portfolio Breakdown
This is how my portfolio breakdown looks like.
I am on risk level 3 and this meant that 60% of my money is on equities, and the remaining 40% is on bonds. Truth be told, I haven’t been too optimistic about the global outlook and felt that the 60/40 allocation would strike a delicate balance. Indeed, the bonds component helped out quite a bit with the volatility.
I am currently investing S$500/month with AutoWealth, which I felt is a nice amount because AutoWealth make purchases of whole units of ETFs on my behalf. At current prices, a single unit of ETF can range from US$28 for BWX or US$167 for VTI. This makes the allocation and re-balancing much more fine-grain compared to someone who is investing say, S$100/month.
With the threat of Wuhan coronavirus, AutoWealth once again found it helpful to roll out some educational materials in case investors make
stupid impulsive decisions. I stole this from their Facebook page – they probably won’t mind since I helped to promote their services 😛
So, which kind of investor are you?
- Do nothing?
- Buy at a discount?
- Switch to a lower risk portfolio?
- Sell sell sell!
I have said it before. If the market sees a significant downturn, I am going to turn up my risk level to level 4.
This would mean that 20% of my money in bonds would immediately be diverted into equities. All I need to do is one click of my mouse button, and my invisible war-chest would be put to good use.
Assuming that the market downturn persists, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing (since we can “buy low”), each of my future top-ups would have $400 going into equities, $100 more than usual.
I have written a lot on AutoWealth. You can start here in case you are interested 🙂
No matter which is your preferred app/medium, there are plenty of ways to get notified when there are new blog posts instead of having to check my blog manually!
Hi! I’m Kevin, Turtle Investor
I am the guy who laid claim to a negative net worth of minus $25,755 at the age of 30. Seven years later, I hit CPF Full Retirement Sum (FRS) without making a single cent of CPF top-up. More tidbits about myself here in case you’re curious. I have nothing to sell to you. In my spare time, I chase miles so that my wife and I can fly in business class. My hobby is making pocket money off my blog.
Get Weekly Updates & Giveaways
Sign up to receive weekly updates delivered straight to your inbox! As an exclusive perk of supporting Turtle Investor, you will always be eligible for the annual giveaway!