Redeeming HSBC rewards points for KrisFlyer Miles is a simple process which requires only a few minutes of your time. You don’t have to worry about making any mistakes when you use my simple step-by-step guide, because I will guide you through the process with detailed screenshots at each step of the way.
- Step 1. Go To HSBC Credit Card Rewards Website
- Step 2. Select The 10,000 KrisFlyer Miles Reward
- Step 3. Sign In With HSBC Credentials
- Step 4. Verify Account Log-In
- Step 5. Choose The Quantity Of HSBC Points To Redeem
- Step 6. Review The Redemption Request
- Step 7. Redemption Processed
- Cannot Purchase HSBC Rewards Points For Air Miles Redemption
- No App-based Redemption Except For TravelOne
- How Long Does It Take To Process The Air Miles Conversion?
Step 1. Go To HSBC Credit Card Rewards Website
Navigate to the HSBC rewards website, where you can view all available rewards for redemption.
Scroll down and click on the Travel and Leisure category.
Step 2. Select The 10,000 KrisFlyer Miles Reward
When you are near the bottom of the list, you will see an HSBC reward item for 10,000 KrisFlyer Miles.
Click on the Redeem Now button.
If you expand the Find Out More section, you are reminded that enrollment in the HSBC Mileage Programme (can be completed online) is required.
Step 3. Sign In With HSBC Credentials
You will be prompted to log on with your HSBC account.
Step 4. Verify Account Log-In
Instead of having to enter my account password, HSBC has adopted a more intuitive method of signing in.
You will be asked to launch the HSBC mobile app and tap on the Generate Security Code button to obtain the 6-digit security code.
Step 5. Choose The Quantity Of HSBC Points To Redeem
HSBC Rewards points can be converted into KrisFlyer Miles at the ratio of 5 points to 2 air miles.
Each redemption is performed in blocks of 25,000 HSBC Rewards points (for 10,000 KrisFlyer Miles), whereby the quantity refers to how many blocks are being redeemed.
You will also need to select the originating credit card that we are using to transfer our points.
The amount of HSBC points available would be shown on the screen.
In my case, I only have one credit card with HSBC, and that is the HSBC Revolution which I have reviewed.
Once we are done, click on the Continue button.
Step 6. Review The Redemption Request
We will be presented with the details of our redemption request to be verified.
The HSBC Mileage Programme allows for unlimited transfers or redemptions once the annual fee (SGD 40 before GST) has been paid.
Hence, there is no fee associated with the individual redemption request.
Although we can redeem as frequently as we want, take note that KrisFlyer Miles will expire after three years at the end of the equivalent month in which they were earned, and this includes KrisFlyer Miles that are redeemed using HSBC Rewards points.
Once the KrisFlyer Miles are credited into our Singapore Airlines account, the three years timer will start ticking.
Click on the Confirm button to trigger the points redemption.
Step 7. Redemption Processed
Upon confirmation, the corresponding amount of HSBC Rewards points would be deducted from our HSBC account.
Cannot Purchase HSBC Rewards Points For Air Miles Redemption
If you find yourself needing just a tiny bit more Rewards points before you can make a redemption, especially when your Rewards points are going to expire, you might be thinking of topping up with additional Rewards points at SGD8 per block of 1,000 Rewards points.
However, there is one important criteria to take note of.
Top-up Rewards points cannot be used for redemption of air miles.
Make sure that you have planned ahead with sufficient leeway to earn your required number of miles before Rewards points start to expire.
No App-based Redemption Except For TravelOne
Specific to cardholders of the HSBC TravelOne, the redemption process for air miles is via the mobile app, but there is no such option available if you are holding another card such as the HSBC Revolution.
Therefore, the web-based redemption process that I have outlined above is what most HSBC cardholders would be using.
How Long Does It Take To Process The Air Miles Conversion?
According to HSBC, approximately three weeks is required to process the transfer of miles from a credit cardholder’s account to the credit cardholder’s personal frequent flyer account.
HSBC was quite specific to include this line so be sure to allocate yourself enough time and make early redemptions.
However, in my experience, I had initiated the air miles conversion on 04 December 2023 (Monday) and subsequently, the date of transaction was 08 December 2023 (Friday) when KrisFlyer Miles was credited into my account.
As seen in an earlier screenshot, the physical HSBC rewards voucher was supposed to reach within 7 working days, but I got mine about 2 weeks later. Having said that, it was a rather unnecessary piece of paper.
- HSBC Revolution Card – New Client Promo 2024
- HSBC Revolution Card – Official Website
- HSBC Revolution Card – 10X Reward Points Programme
- HSBC Mileage Programme – Sign Up Online
- HSBC Points To KrisFlyer Miles – Step By Step Guide
My Air Miles Resources
Start earning air miles today and pay zero FX fees:
- Learn The “3 Credit Cards Only” Strategy I Used To Collect 500,000 Miles
- 3 Evergreen Reasons Why Earning Air Miles Will Always Be A Great Idea
- Why Trust & YouTrip Are The Best Zero FX Fees Travel Cards
The credit cards I use to earn air miles:
- HSBC Revolution (Contactless Payment) – How I Use it To Earn 80,000 Miles
- Citi Rewards (Online Payment) – How I Use It To Earn 100,000 Miles
- Citi PremierMiles (General Spend) – 2 Free Airport Lounge Visits
- Citi Prestige (General Spend) – Unlimited Lounge Access But High Annual Fee
Air miles redemption guides to help you out:
- How To Redeem Citi ThankYou Points And Citi Miles For KrisFlyer Miles
- How To Redeem DBS Points For KrisFlyer Miles
- How To Redeem HSBC Rewards Points For KrisFlyer Miles
- How To Redeem OCBC Rewards Points (OCBC$) For KrisFlyer Miles
- How To Redeem UOB Rewards Points (UNI$) For KrisFlyer Miles
Don’t Miss These Promo Deals
Kevin started Turtle Investor when his net worth languished at negative $25,755. His desire to turn things around led him to build passive income from investments and side hustles that pay for his daily expenses and vacations. You can learn more about Kevin here.